You can’t improve what you don’t measure. Quality improvement requires measurement and reporting of condition-specific indicators, patient safety measures (mortality analysis, falls, etc.), patient experience metrics, readmission reports and service line specific reports with national and local benchmarks. This is an essential element in the journey to deliver value-based healthcare.
Value-Based Healthcare Analytics- Analytic Tools for Measurement & Reporting
Essential to value-based healthcare is the ongoing measurement of outcomes.
The Value-Based Healthcare Analytics group offers the following services:
- Data management, analysis, and reporting
- Implementation and reporting of performance measurement indicators
- Integration of data from multiple sources
Value-Based Healthcare Dashboards
The Value-Based Healthcare Dashboards create one central location for quality measurements to be accessed for daily monitoring. These dashboard can be customized to align with the performance priorities of the organization. It is a real-time, interactive way to present quality data to specific stakeholders. The Value-Based Healthcare Dashboards allow for efficient data management, analysis, and reporting of an organization’s data, but it also utilizes comparison data from local and national databases for benchmarking purposes.
- Value-Based Healthcare Best Care – Condition-specific indicators, patient safety measures, patient experience metrics, etc.
- Board & Executive Quality Summary
- Service Line(s) Reporting with registry & facility specific data as available
- Readmission – Help stakeholders track the effects of interventions for specific patient populations
- Value Based Purchasing Scorecard
- Blood Utilization – Timely, Accurate, Actionable Business Intelligence – Allows stakeholders to view blood usage levels in various categorizations. Includes ability to to filter results and understand blood used when hemoglobin measurements indicated it wasn’t needed. Also includes the ability to drill-down (to patient and provider level)
- eQuality Measure & Meaningful Use Dashboard – Regulatory Compliance, Quality Improvement: this dashboard displays compliance and performance for 39 eQuality/Meaningful Use measures. It includes linked definitions and drill through reporting to track fall out visits/patients.
- Advanced Analytics – Utilizes advanced models, clinical benchmarks, and financial data to determine the business and financial impact of clinical initiatives.
Analytics and reporting are essential to establishing a culture of quality within a health care organization. Reports will enable leaders to interpret organizational performance scores as well as outcomes of quality. Regular monitoring of performance and benchmarking against national standards will motivate leaders to embed continuous quality improvement into the culture of the organization.
Value-Based Healthcare Best Care Dashboard
Blood Utilization Dashboard