This training focuses on the role of the board member in quality improvement and patient safety.
Board Engagement in Quality and Patient Safety Course
Getting the “Board on Board” is the first step toward ensuring a commitment to quality throughout an organization and the delivery of value-based healthcare. The Board Engagement in Quality Improvement & Patient Safety 1.5-day course, led by active board members and senior leaders, empowers participants with practical strategies needed to lead meaningful and sustainable quality improvement in their organizations.
- Engagement with board members about their role in quality improvement
- Small-scale, interactive setting (15-25 participants)
- Individualized assessment of your organization’s progress along the quality journey
- Structured and unstructured time for networking opportunities
Who Should Attend
- Board chair and vice chair, chair of board quality committee, any board member interested in quality improvement, quality committee members, hospital/ health care system CEO
- The role of the board in quality improvement and patient safety
- Challenges in health care delivery including accountable care, population health, and value-based purchasing
- Setting strategic goals for the organization
- Understanding health care quality data
- The quality performance measurement report (exercise)
- Reviewing quality and safety data
- Evaluating improvement strategies and progress
- Establishing executive accountability
- Next steps in your organization’s quality journey
If you are interested in attending this course, contact Nanette Myers at Nanette.Myers@BSWHealth.org.